Biyernes, Enero 27, 2017

Where it all started.


         The most influential thing in my life is a simple game called Half-life a video game based on guy named Dr. Gordon Freeman arrives late for work at 8:47 am in the Black Mesa Research Facility, using the advanced Black Mesa train system that leads through the facility. He arrives at the Anomalous Materials Lab, his workplace, and is informed by the security officer that the scientists have a special experiment today, so he goes to the locker room and puts on the hazard suit. He goes to the lab's lower levels, arriving at the Anti-Mass Chamber, where he is instructed that the specimen to be used that day is the rarest and also the most unstable specimen the lab has ever worked with. He is tasked with pushing the specimen into the scanning beam of the Anti-Mass Spectrometer for analysis. However, as soon as the specimen enters the beam, the spectrometer explodes, creating a sudden catastrophe called a "resonance cascade", and opening a portal between Earth and a dimension called Xen. Freeman is apparently teleported to an alien planet and catches glimpses of various alien lifeforms, including a circle of Vortigaunts, shortly before blacking out.

      
      The first game is always a special thing and I was lucky enough that my dad introduce me to a game that is soon recognize as the most innovative game in its generation and the best first person shooter ever.  I played this game all my childhood and always play it with people around my area in a computer shop. I still remember beating people from high school to college while I was only 15 year old. I was so addicted to this game its all I played in my childhood and until now I am still intrigue about the lore and character of the this masterpiece. 

    The reason why Half-life is so special to me not only is it the only game I played, it also tells a story without much dialogue and no cut-scenes that destroy your immersion. the first ever game in it's time to show people that games can be played with a proper and well made story.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento